Company: Transworld Xpress Inc.
Job Title: Long haul truck driver (NOC: 7511/ 7411)
Business Location: 12227 75 Ave. Surrey BC V3W 2S7
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening
Wage Rate: $24.00 - $26.00 Hourly, for 50.00 Hours per week
Anticipated Start Date (at the latest in 3 months): As soon as possible
Education: Not Required
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver's License (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience: No experience required. Paid on job training will be provided
Languages: Basic English
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer, Refrigerated, highway
Type of Travel: Long-haul, Regional, Provincial/territorial.
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports
Communication Equipment Experience: Citizens band (CB) radio, Cellular phone, Satellite tracking (GPS) equipment
Weight Handling: More than 45 kg (100 lbs.)
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
- Oversee Loading and unloading of goods.
- Plan travel schedules and routes, use atlases and other trip planning aids.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight, valid driver's license
Work Location Information: Various locations across North America.
Esse ntial Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory
Other: Candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be willing to drive long haul trucks as a two-person team. Basic English is required to understand road signs and fill log book.
How to Apply:
By Email: email@example.com