We are looking for a loving and experienced full time in home caregiver for our 3.5 year old son and 1.5 year old baby girl in a private home, located in Toronto (Mt. Pleasant/ Summerhill).
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with toddlers and /or infants;
- Secondary school diploma required;
- First AID/ CPR certification;
- Patience, compassion and sensitivity to children’s daily needs is required;
- Demonstrate high level of responsibility and organizational skills;
- Availability of occasional overtime and availability to accompany the family during national and International travels. (Travel expenses paid by employer);
- Weight handling: Up to 23 kg. (50 lbs);
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children;
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents,
- Keep record of daily activities and health information regarding children,
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development,
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children,
- Tend to emotional well-being of children,
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home,
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants,
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods,
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents,
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties,
- During warmer months, supervise children in the pool;
Working Hours: A split shift 6:30am-10:30am & 2:30pm-7:30pm; Tuesday - Saturday;
Hourly rate: $14.00, Overtime rate paid after 44 hours a week: $21.00;
Optional accommodation is available at No Charge on a live-in basis and is NOT a condition of employment;
Indigenous people and Newcomers to Canada are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: There are 2 dogs in the household.
NON SMOKING and FRAGRANCE FREE ENVIRONMENT IS STRICTLY OBSERVED
Please send resume outlining qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicant will require at least one experience related reference and a criminal record check. Two year position if meeting requirements.