Permanent Position: Administrative Assistant (NOC #1241)
Company: Narwal & Sons Trucking Ltd.
Anticipated Start Date (at the latest in 3 months): As soon as possible
Location: 4883 168th Street, Surrey, BC V3Z1E2
Wage Rate: $23.00 - $23.50 Hourly, for 37.50 Hours per week
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day
Education: High School, Diploma will be an asset.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience in similar field required
Type of Industry Experience: Administrative, clerical
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
- Manages correspondence by answering emails and sorting mail
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Determine and establish office procedures
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
- May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
- May organize conferences
- Assists in purchase orders and invoicing
- Arranges meetings by scheduling appropriate meeting times, booking rooms, and planning refreshment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory
Other Information: Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada. Position is available and open to Aboriginal youth, new immigrants and persons with disabilities.
Employer: Narwal & Sons Trucking Ltd.
How to Apply:
By Mail: 4883 168th Street, Surrey, BC V3Z1E2
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org