FirstOnSite Restoration is seeking a Skilled Carpenter for a position based in Surrey, B.C.
Full-time, Permanent; $27 per hour; 37.5 hours per week (plus extended health, dental and vision benefits after completion of 3 months probation period)
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry and to residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mold, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
Do you have what it takes to be part of the FirstOnSite team? We look for the following key attributes in our team members:
- Customer Focus
- Q uality
Why choose to be part of the FirstOnSite team?
- Exceptional extended health plan including medical, dental and vision.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Educational assistance, professional development, and internal growth opportunities
- Opportunity for National career movement
- Healthy work/life balance
The Carpenter works under the general direction of the Construction Supervisor to plan and organize the assignments of a project in order to meet the gross Profit and timeline goals. The Carpenter oversees Carpenter Apprentices and Laborers assigned to them ensuring that the quality standards of the company are being met.
• Demonstrates skill in the safe operation of shop tools such as table saw, radial arm saw, power planer, power shaper, router, wood lathe, airless paint sprayer, large belt sander, band saw, hand saw and electric drill.
• Follows all company health and safety policies and procedures and ensures that they are respected by all personnel and sub-contractors.
• Strives to continually improve through specific development plans.
• Accepts direction from the Lead Carpenter.
• Coaches and assists Carpenter Apprentices with all job tasks.
• Practices good housekeeping discipline on the job to ensure a safe, non-cluttered workplace and to minimize cross contamination.
Ed ucation and Experience:
• College Diploma or certification in a recognized construction/carpentry course preferred.
• 3 years of experience and proven track record in the restoration, emergency or construction industry.
Willing and able to work on-call for after hour’s emergency work.