North Shore ConneXions Society is a non profit Society in beautiful North Vancouver. Services include, residential group homes, vocational day programs, employment services, recreation and education programs, respite, lifeskills and homeshare. All programs and services are in North Vancouver.
Currently, we are recruiting for an overnight Awake Residential Care Worker. This position requires the successful applicant to work as an advocate for adults with intellectual disabilities and to facilitate clients ongoing independence.
All applicants to ConneXions must have the following:
- Class 5 (minimum) BCDL (a Class 4 is required upon the successful completion of the probationary period)
- Valid Emergency or Standard First Aid certificate with CPR and AED
- Two or three professional references
- Criminal Record Check clearance through the Ministry of Justice
- Medical clearance and a Tuberculosis screening test
- A reliable vehicle with the ability to obtain Business Insurance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to teach skills and work effectively with others
- Demonstrated knowledge of the theory, principles and practices in the field of Community Living
- Key Worker experience
- Experience supporting people through challenging behaviours
- Experience supporting people through personal care routines and Dysphagia
- Ability to encourage clients through their day to day routine and to promote independence
This position is working within a residential group home and within the community as part of a diverse staff team.
Days and Times: Casual on call
Benefits are available upon the successful completion of the probationary period and union membership is required.
$16.12 – 18.77/ hour
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Nicole Boiselle by fax to 604.984.9882. Applications can also be sent via the company's website at www.nsconnexions.org.