Position Title: Part Time Residential Care Worker – Job Posting #WAL276 – 1819
Hours: 13 hours/week
Days and Times: Saturday and Sunday shifts – 11:00 am – 5:30 pm
Union: Hospital Employees Union
Rate of Pay: $18.15 - $21.14 / hour
Closing Date: July 13, 2018
North Shore ConneXions Society is a mid-sized non-profit organization that supports children and adults living with intellectual disabilities. With over 61 years of service in beautiful North Vancouver our staff teams work endlessly at advocacy and supporting community inclusion and integration.
All applicants to ConneXions must have the following hiring requirements:
- Class 5 BC Drivers Licence (A Class 4 BCDL is required within the probationary period)
- Emergency or Standard First Aid with CPR/AED training
- Two or three professional references
- Criminal record clearance through the Ministry of Justice
- Medical clearance to work and a current Tuberculosis screening test
There are 4 male adults in this program. Some who require full personal care support and some who require assistance. Experience with our aging population, de-escalating behaviours, transfers/lifts and with Autism will be an asset to you in this program.
Employees take the lead role in:
- Medication administration and all required documentation
- Log notes and all accident and incident reports
- Menu planning and meal preparation
- Housekeeping and the practices of universal precautions
Orientation and training is provided by ConneXions.
The clients in this program like to take walks in the community, go shopping and play a good game of basketball. They also enjoy listening to music, watching a good TV show and doing puzzles.
To apply to this position send a cover letter and resume by email or by fax to 604.984.9882.
Be sure to include the Posting # and where you saw this posting. Visit the ConneXions website at www.nsconnexions.org for more employment opportunities.