Granitek Masonry Ltd. is currently looking to hire 3 Brick and Stone Setters (specializing in European products) for commercial, institutional and industrial construction projects, who will be able to execute European stone setting techniques to meet our customers’ requests. We are on the lookout for someone who is hard-working and has experience in a similar capacity to join our crew of professionals. Also please keep in mind, that this is physically demanding position that requires body strength and resilience. The chosen applicants should be ready to travel across the GTA, since all the work is performed at customers’ premises.
Job duties will be as follows:
· Evaluating, preparing and marking targeted surfaces,
· Utilizing different European stone setting techniques,
· Cutting and fastening underlay, underpadding as well as even out surfaces,
· Constructing and installing prefabricated stone units,
· Reading and understanding instructions of layout drawings/ blueprints,
· Using masonry panels, casts, blocks, and other materials to construct and maintain walls conducting moisture,
· Area testing prior to installation to determine proper materials to be used,
· Cutting and trimming bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools,
· Installing transitions and intricating stone patterns as per customer requests,
· Carrying and disposing of existing bricks and stones and other waste materials,
· Knowing how to work with both European natural cut stone like granite, limestone, and marble; and manmade stone constructed from concrete, bits of marble, etc.
· Using manual and power tools such as brick splitters, jointers, point trowels and more,
· Training and coaching other stone setters and apprentices on European stone setting techniques.
Compensation and Conditions:
· This is a permanent full-time position, be ready to work day shifts and occasionally work on weekends.
· Occasional overtime may be required with applicable overtime pay after 44 hours of work per week,
· Wage offered: $37.50 per hour for 35 hours per week.
· High school diploma or equivalent is not required, but would be an asset
· Relevant apprenticeship or on-the job training is an asset (e.g. construction, bricklaying, concrete masonry, etc.)
· At least 3 years of full-time experience in brick and/or stone laying working with European products and techniques is absolutely a must!
· Knowledge of European stone products and European stone setting/ layering techniques is required
· Possession of steel toe boots
If you comply with all the requirements, please apply with your resume by regular mail at 215 Drumlin Circle, Concord, ON L4K 3E4 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org cover letter is not required. Please include references and be specific about your previous experiences.