Our Freedom of Information and Privacy Protection (FIPP) department is seeking an administrative assistant to provide diverse and confidential administrative support to the manager of Information Access and Privacy and the FIPP officers of the Legal Services division. With tact and discretion, you’ll handle confidential and sensitive information relating to WorkSafeBC records, policies, and operations.
What you’ll do
As an administrative assistant in the FIPP department you will:
- Record, transcribe, and organize complex and confidential files and correspondence regarding all aspects of WorkSafeBC’s functions and operations, from verbal, handwritten, and electronic sources
- Receive and refer telephone and e-mail inquiries from internal and external sources, and answer routine inquiries
- Receive and distribute incoming mail, prioritize items, ensure deadlines are met, and ensure the security of confidential items
- Prepare written responses to routine correspondence, track on-going business, and ensure any necessary follow-up is undertaken
- Establish and maintain confidential computerized and paper files and records, and maintain comprehensive tracking systems for sensitive correspondence and files
- Maintain the schedule of the manager, Information Access and Privacy by arranging appointments, meetings, and seminars, ensuring that all supporting information and logistics are arranged
- Organize and maintain the FIPP department library
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Apply analytical skills in order to achieve best outcomes
- Recognize sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
- Produce meticulous and detail-oriented work
- Manage situations with diplomacy and tact
- Use excellent grammar and spelling in written communications
- Type a minimum of 45 words per minute
- Obtain and record information both orally and in writing
- Proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel, and SharePoint
Your experience and educational background:
- A minimum of grade 12
- A minimum of two years of recent, related experience in a secretarial or administrative support role
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases do occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers’ compensation system today and for future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
If you’re the successful applicant, we’ll be making a conditional offer contingent upon your clearing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of offer, you’ll need to provide consent for a criminal record check. Once we receive clearance, we’ll confirm your offer of employment.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity. We invite applications from all qualified individuals, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you’re unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation of your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit our career page at www.worksafebc.com and select See Job Openings to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.