Company: Holstein Association of Canada/ Holstein Canada
HOLSTEIN CANADA is the largest dairy breed association in Canada, serving our membership of more than 10,500 active dairy producers since 1884. We are the only organization authorized to register Holstein cattle in Canada. As a non-profit organization, Holstein Canada exists to help dairy producers improve their herds, thereby improving the breed of Holstein cattle across Canada.
Business Address: 20 Corporate Place, Brantford, Ontario, N3R 8A6.
Location of work: 20 Corporate Place Brantford Ontario N3R8A6, but will provide dairy cattle conformation assessment services on over 4000 farms across Ontario, and into other provinces as required. Anywhere there is a Holstein Canada member, there is a chance the individual could perform services on their farm
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Conduct field research and surveys to collect data and samples,
- Assist in conducting biological, microbiological, biochemical tests and laboratory analyses,
- Conduct or supervise operational programs,
- Assist in analysis of data and preparation of reports,
- Set up and conduct biological, microbiological, biochemical tests and laboratory analyses,
- Analyze data and prepare reports,
- Assist in conducting field research and surveys to collect data and samples
- Evaluate cow conformation, according to classification policies and guidelines
- Support improved herd management by educating producers on herd strengths, weaknesses and comparisons to national benchmarks
- Lead presentations &extend knowledge on dairy trends, genetics, Holstein Canada services, industry news, and other aspects
- Independently manage your administrative, travel and scheduling tasks
Animal Specializations: Dairy cattle
-Education: Completion of a two- to three-year college program in a related field is required or Combination of high school or some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training with experience is required
-Experience: At least three years of experience working as agricultural technician in the dairy industry is required
Practical knowledge of dairy cattle conformation
Exceptional abilities in customer service and relationship-building.You educate and communicate easily and you have always provided excellent service to your customers and colleagues.
Observant and knowledgeable
Hardworking, accountable and able to work well independently
Think objectively, work quickly and stay organized.
Proficiency with computers; adaptable to new technology
Valid driver’s license and proof of insurability
Ability to communicate well in both French and English is a distinct asset
Benefits: Extended Health & Dental benefits are provided. 10 days for illness per year provided. Vehicle + vehicle insurance is provided. Meals during work day are covered. Some clothing provided seasonally.
Apply by e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org