LABORATORY AND ALLIED HEALTH PROGRAMS
SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES
The School of Health Sciences (SOHS) is seeking temporary, full-time Associate Dean to lead BCIT’s Laboratory and Allied Health Programs and to influence future education of learners within various programs (Biotechnology, Clinical Genetics, Environmental Health, Food Technology, Medical Laboratory Science, Occupational Health & Safety, and Prosthetics & Orthotics) in accordance with BCIT’s vision. The Associate Dean’s role will be aligned with the strategic plan and will be integral to the economic, social, and environmental prosperity of British Columbia. BCIT’s focus will be on financial sustainability, building capacity, campus development, and strengthening engagement.
Reporting to the Dean of Health Sciences and working with departmental Associate Deans, Managers, faculty, and staff, the Associate Dean, Laboratory and Allied Health Programs will be an inspirational leader who supports faculty and staff in providing excellent education and student-centered learning, and in developing a future-focused curriculum, in accordance with BCIT and industry standards. The position requires experience in strategic planning, program planning, budget planning, and project management.
While supporting internal relationships across programs, departments and schools, the Associate Dean maintains external relations with industry, professional associations, and other educational institutions. The Associate Dean is also responsible for the management of educational administration, human relations, student relations, corporate and school management, and business development.
In addition, this individual is responsible for executing a broad range of initiatives affecting the daily and longer-term strategic issues important to the institute. For this reason, the Associate Dean recognizes opportunities for change, engages faculty in the process, and provides proactive leadership in program development to meet changing workforce needs.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- University graduation at the Master’s level or Doctoral level.
- Eight to ten years of directly related experience in post-secondary, business, industry and/or training, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong leadership skills, good organizational skills and a high degree of self-motivation and business acumen.
- Demonstrates effective and positive management style for people and issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, which are necessary to establish and sustain relationships and rapport.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of stakeholders and clients.
- Must be familiar with office software and state-of-the-art information and educational technology.
View the full job description here: Associate Dean, Laboratory and Allied Health, School of Health Sciences
TERM OF APPOINTMENT: August 20, 2018 to February 28, 2019.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 18M292
OPEN DATE: July 11, 2018
CLOSE DATE: July 25, 2018
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only successful candidates will be required to have transcripts submitted directly to BCIT’s Human Resources Department directly from granting institution at the time of reference checks. If applicable, successful candidates will be responsible for the completion of international credential evaluations. All appointments will be conditional until receipt of verified credentials.
To apply, visit us at careers.bcit.ca
We are only able to accept applications that are submitted on the BCIT Careers website.