As an entry level AutoCAD Designer, your job will be to work with the Project Supervisor and their team on the design and CAD drawings for a variety of projects, including overhead and underground, electrical capital reconstruction projects, new underground electrical systems for residential and industrial, commercial subdivisions, roadway and area lighting. You will manage your own day-to-day work load, and may be called upon to assist the project coordinators with outside agencies.
•D esign utility infrastructure systems and produce related in accordance with current utility standards and Electrical Safety Authority standards as applicable.
• Contact municipalities, utilities, and other consultants to provide or obtain information, as required.
• Consult Hydro and Municipalities for latest standards.
• Prepare calculations, as required.
• Provides project status updates on a regular basis and as required to Project Director.
• Responsible for updating the CAD design standards and library, as needed. Duties include maintenance of electronic files, design practices and updating all staff on any changes.
• Coordinates with Project Director on Quality Assurance and Quality Control of designs.
• Assumes related responsibilities and projects as assigned or required.
• Prepares and coordinates submissions to all assigned parties.
• Communicates regularly with Utility Coordinator on project submissions and any related updates.
• Follows up for comments with Hydro and/or Municipal parties.
• Coordinate with Construction & Contract Coordinator and/or Project Director for take-offs and tendering of projects.
Health and Safety Requirements:
• Participate in any policies or procedures prescribed for the work place
• Adhere to safety rules and regulations
• Identify and report any unsafe acts
• Post-secondary 3-year Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma.
• Basic knowledge of codes and regulations governing electrical system design in Ontario
• Excellent computer skills in the software programs commonly used in an engineering office environment including AutoCAD and/or Microstation and Microsoft Office
• Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication with team members.
• Good project and time management skills to be able to handle multiple projects.
Ranked No. 109 on the 29th annual PROFIT 500, the definitive ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies
DPM Energy Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you have the right experience and skills and have the ambition to personally grow as we grow as an organization, then we welcome you to apply to join our team. We are located in Vaughan, Ontario. We offer competitive salaries and benefits for the right individuals.
Apply today to email@example.com