Site: 128 Russell Ave., St. Catharines, ON L2R 1W1
Status: Permanent Part –Time
Luther Manor St. Catharines Inc. is a 40 unit low-rise Senior’s apartment complex in central St. Catharines with a mandate to provide quality affordable housing to medically independent seniors.
Luther Manor is seeking a live-on-site Superintendent/Superintendent Couple.
The successful candidate will:
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Have a strong work ethic – self starter – work with minimal supervision – team player
- Detail oriented
- Be willing and able to work with the Board of Directors, tenants, contractors
- Physically able to lift 50 lbs., crouch, bend
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, healthy environment
- Detailed, light and heavy cleaning of common areas
- Daily building monitoring and upkeep
- Light maintenance and painting
- Some outdoor clean-up and maintenance
- Perform check of mechanical rooms
- Monthly fire alarm testing/coordinate annual fire drills (maintain log books)
- Preparation of garbage/recyclables for contractor removal
- Preparation of vacant suites
- Maintain cleaning/maintenance supplies
- Respond to tenant repair work orders in a timely manner.
- Perform ongoing preventative maintenance
- Responsible for reporting deficiencies, maintenance requirements
- Written and verbal reports to the Property Committee
- Ability to follow direction of Property Chair
- Respond appropriately and professionally to after-hour emergency calls
- Monitor tenant behavior – address tenant concerns effectively and promptly. Enforcement of Board policy.
- Monitor the work of contractors
- Education: Grade 12 (minimum)
- Relevant superintendent or assistant superintendent experience, preferred but not mandatory
- Proficient English language speech and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, friendly and customer-service oriented attitude
- Possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and vehicle
- Able to provide a clean and clear police check. (Police background check will be requested of candidates in final selection)
- Basic plumbing and electrical skills an asset
If you are interested in joining our team at Luther Manor, please send a cover letter or resume by email or, mail to:
Luther Manor St. Catharines Inc.
128 Russell Ave.
St. Catharines, ON L2R 1W1
Luther Manor thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.