Country Grocer started in 1984 in Nanaimo and the first Victoria store opened 2 years later in Esquimalt. Since then, we have grown to serve 5 communities across Vancouver Island, adding an additional Nanaimo store as well as stores in Lake Cowichan, Cobble Hill, Royal Oak and Salt Spring Island.
Working at Country Grocer you are a team member; contributing to our overall goal of exceptional customer service and support of our community. Our Motto is “You’ll Feel Like Family” which we embody in everything we – from developing team member focused policies to renovating our facilities to enhance our customer shopping experience and team working environment.
We’re looking for fun, enthusiastic, and team driven individuals to be a part of our ever-growing team.
- Previous cash handling experience is highly desirable
- The ability to lift heavy items on a regular basis and stand for most of your shift
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and the capacity to handle cash
- Enthusiasm and capacity to work as part of a team and de-escalate difficult situations
Just some of the great perks we offer when you join our family include:
- Positive work environment – A work environment that includes a wage packages based on hours and performance
- Benefits - We have a comprehensive benefit package for our eligible full-time team members that includes MSP, extended health, dental, disability and life insurance, plus a RRSP program where you and the company both contribute
- Recognition programs - We have developed our Country Kudos for exceptional customer service which is nominated by a team member or external customer. Recipients receive a Kudo Pin as well as a gift card in appreciation for their exceptional service
- In store discounts – All team members receive a special member card entitling you to 15% off your groceries
- We have fun & get social! - We have dress up events for special occasions (Valentine’s Day, Christmas, etc), team member events like bowling nights, golf tournament and an annual Christmas party as well as supporting our community at various local events
- Promote from within - We promote internally and give priority to team members who want to advance and grow with us
- Advanced notice/flexibility of schedules - Schedules are posted two weeks in advance
- Orientation, training, and feedback - We provide start packages along with at least one performance review a year. We also provide customer service training and opportunities for professional development and company sponsored external training to obtain your Food Safe and First Aid certification
Join our Team – you’ll feel like family! Apply Online Today!