Company: Dane Developments Ltd. O/A Crown Mansion Boutique Hotel & Villas
Business information: The Crown Mansion in Qualicum Beach offers luxurious accommodations within the fully renovated boutique hotel. The Villas at Crown Mansion are the centre point of a six acre development that mixes the history of yesterday with the elegant comforts of today.
Business address: 292 East Crescent Road E Qualicum Beach, BC V9K 0A5
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Recruit and hire staff
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of restaurant
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- Create new recipes
- Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
-Ed ucation: Completion of secondary school is required. Higher level of education is an asset.
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial food preparation is required
-The candidate must be able to prove the ability to plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of our foods.
-Candidate must be able to work under pressure
Salary: $26.00 to $27.00 hourly – 40 hours per week
Extended medical and dental insurance provided after 6 months.
Candidate will be required to work from Tuesday through Saturday, from 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM daily. Sundays and Mondays off. The candidate will receive one 30-minute meal break per shift.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by fax: 250-703-5051
Apply by mail to: 399 Clubhouse Drive Courtenay BC, V9N 9G3