Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry, known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics, automation, manufacturing, project management and service.
Company operating name:
Primetals Technologies USA LLC
Primetals Technologies Belgium NV/SA
5895 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30005 United States of America
Guido Gezellestraat 123, 1654 Beersel Belgium
Client job site address:
1330 Burlington Street East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3J5 Canada
Title of position:
Commissioning Engineer (NOC 2133: Electrical and electronics engineers)
Primetals is seeking to hire a Commissioning Engineer to provide technical guidance and support regarding the commissioning and testing of Primetals’ proprietary automation systems and related software at a client facility in Hamilton, Ontario. Specific tasks include:
- Providing expert guidance and support during the single and group movement start-up of key automation systems for process line equipment;
- Supporting the advanced Level 1 automatic sequence commissioning of Primetals’ automation systems and related application software to ensure the safe and efficient operation of equipment on site;
- Performing any necessary modifications on automation systems for continuous galvanizing line applications, in accordance with Primetals’ standards and customer requirements;
- Supporting the preparation of commissioning reports for Primetals’ proprietary automation systems and related software components for continuous galvanizing line applications, to ensure that all commissioning procedures are completed in accordance with project scopes and timelines;
- Performing testing of advanced automation systems and related software to ensure that all equipment is working properly and is in compliance with Primetals’ standards and client requirements;
- Working with field engineering teams and customer representatives to coordinate system commissioning processes with all other plant applications and technologies to ensure maximum performance and efficiency; and
- Performing related duties, as required.
Terms of employment:
Project-based position from August 2017 for 24 months
5 4.00 CAD (36.76 EUR) per hour
Overtime allowance, 26 vacations days per year, disability insurance, dental insurance, pension, extended medical insurance, vivium, life insurance, paid transportation, per diem, housing allowance.
Location of work:
Jeenetta Williams, HR Immigration and Delegation Manager - jeenetta.williams@primetals
Skills & Qualifications:
The position requires extensive experience with and specialized knowledge of Primetals’ proprietary automation and control solutions for the metals industry.
Additionally, the position requires extensive knowledge of engineering process design and a strong understanding of automation and process application engineering methodologies. The successful candidate will also hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Automation Engineering or a related field with knowledge of all aspect of processing line technology operation and project execution.
- A minimum of 5 years working with Primetals’ proprietary automation and controls systems
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with processing line upgrades
- Good process knowledge of Metal Rolling Mills and Processing Lines and related functions
- In-depth knowledge of automation solutions for Metal Rolling Mills and Processing Lines involving Primetals SIROLL solutions.
- Experience with programming and applications for industrial automation systems involving Primetals’ SIMATIC systems
- Experience with the specification and design of automation / control systems for metals industry applications
- Familiarity with the standards and safety requirements for processing line project execution and operation