Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry, known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics, automation, manufacturing, project management and service.
Company operating name:
Primetals Technologies USA LLC
5895 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30005 United States of America
Client job site address:
1330 Burlington Street East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3J5 Canada
Title of position:
Commissioning Engineer (NOC 2133)
Primetals is seeking to hire a Commissioning Engineer to provide technical guidance and support regarding the commissioning and testing of Primetals’ proprietary electrical and automation (E&A) systems and related software at a client facility in Hamilton, Ontario. Specific tasks include:
- Reporting to the site manager on all matters relating to health & safety, manufacture, pre-assembly, installation and commissioning of the E&A equipment on the site;
- Liaising closely with the client’s representative, other site supervisors and installation contractor on any matter of concern related to the E&A commissioning;
- Installing and commissioning cooling section software including testing all implemented functions;
- Installing, commissioning and performance testing electrical equipment to the clients/site manager’s requirements, ensuring correct tools and instruments are used;
- Facilitating cold, hot and loaded commissioning activities;
- Checking the standards of manufacture and installation of the E&A equipment against the technical specification and where appropriate advising the site manager, client and client’s installation contractor of deviations from these standards;
- Visually inspecting the E&A installations and checking technically that these are suitable for the correct installation of the equipment;
- Advising the site manager, client and client’s installation contractor of any problems;
- Facilitating, to the client’s personnel, the workings of the E&A equipment during erection, commissioning and testing; and
- Performing related duties, as required.
Terms of employment:
Project-based position from August 2017 for 24 months
63.81 CAD (46.91 USD) per hour
Overtime allowance, 20 vacations days per year, disability, dental insurance, pension plan, extended medical insurance, housing allowance, car allowance, meal per diem, paid flights to and from home location, etc.
Location of work:
Jeenetta Williams, HR Immigration and Delegation Manager - jeenetta.williams@primetals.
Skills & Qualifications:
The position requires extensive experience with and specialized knowledge of Primetals’ proprietary E&A solutions for the metals industry.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Automation Engineering or a related field
- Experience: 5+ years of E&A engineering construction and commissioning knowledge of the relevant technology area (metals industry)
- Specialist knowledge required of Primetals’ proprietary technology including SIPRAISE API and Siemens CIS HMI.NET programming.
- Specialist knowledge required of:
- C++ programming with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Process automation of caster
- Mathematical-physical models of caster
- Database Oracle 11 and Oracle 12
- Electric and automation general
- Interface between new and existing automation system
- E&A engineering construction experience with caster technology
- Experience commissioning within large projects in the metals industry including erection and start-up
- Experience with previous installation, start-up and commissioning projects involving interfacing with clients’ existing equipment
- Awareness of current standards, regulations and legislation