Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry, known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics, automation, manufacturing, project management and service.
Company operating name:
Primetals Technologies USA LLC
5895 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30005 United States of America
Client job site address:
1330 Burlington Street East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3J5 Canada
Title of position:
Primetals is seeking to hire a Commissioning Specialist to provide technical guidance and support relating to the commissioning and testing of Primetals’ proprietary automation systems and related software at a client facility in Hamilton, Ontario. Specific tasks include:
- Providing expert guidance and support during the single and group movement start-up of key automation systems for process line equipment;
- Supporting the advanced Level 2 automatic sequence commissioning of Primetals’ automation systems and related application software to ensure the safe and efficient operation of equipment on site;
- Performing any necessary modifications on automation systems for continuous galvanizing line applications, in accordance with Primetals’ standards and customer requirements;
- Supporting the preparation of commissioning reports for Primetals’ proprietary automation systems and related software components for continuous galvanizing line applications, to ensure that all commissioning procedures are completed in accordance with project scopes and timelines;
- Performing testing of advanced automation systems and related software to ensure that all equipment is working properly and is in compliance with Primetals’ standards and client requirements;
- Working with field engineering teams and customer representatives to coordinate system commissioning processes with all other plant applications and technologies to ensure maximum performance and efficiency; and
- Performing related duties, as required.
Terms of employment:
Project-based position from August 2017 for 24 months
56 .57 CAD (45.34 USD) per hour
20 vacations days per year, disability insurance, dental insurance, pension plan, extended medical insurance, housing allowance, car allowance, meal per diem, paid flights to and from home location, etc.
Location of work:
Jeenetta Williams, HR Immigration and Delegation Manager - email@example.com
Skills & Qualifications:
The position requires extensive experience with and specialized knowledge of Primetals’ proprietary automation and control solutions for the metals industry.
Additionally, the position requires extensive knowledge of engineering process design and a strong understanding of automation and process application engineering methodologies. The successful candidate will also hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with knowledge of all aspect of processing line technology operation and project execution.
- 5+ years of metals automation experience, including working knowledge of Primetals’ SIROLL systems, specifically PL, CM, and SSM
- L2 systems engineering experience with electrical systems, HMI, and L2 process automation control systems
- Proven ability to write software, as well as testing and commissioning Primetals’ process automation systems and HMI
- Detailed understanding of functional components of SIROLL, including L2 technological functions, L2 material handling, L2 HMI, L2 Reporting, and WinCC expertise
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Visual Studios, Toad as well as standard SIROLL process automation development tools
- Must be capable of leading and/or working as part of a project team as well as interacting with customers on an independent basis
- Able to work and complete tasks with minimal supervision