Communications Specialist Career Opportunity!
The Dufresne Group is currently seeking a Communications Specialist for our Human Resources Team within our Home Office located at 116 Nature Park Way in Winnipeg, MB.
As a Communications Specialist you will be responsible for developing and executing TDG’s internal communications platform designed to inform, educate, and engage employees at all levels on tactical, operational and strategic initiatives. You will partner with the business to create internal communications to inform employees about the company vision, values, goals, activities and achievements. You will also take pride in inspiring employees to actively engage in delivering business results through innovative communication channels and internal events and forums.
The Dufresne Group is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values.
As the Communications Specialist you will:
- Execute internal communications strategy in partnership with the TDG’s President’s Office, Executive Management Team, Human Resources, and business partners.
- Decide on and utilize the best internal communication channels to distribute company information including but not limited to email, internal websites, internal social networks, live events, video, face-to-face, and print.
- Create high quality, compelling communications, at the organizational level, for a variety of channels (email, presentations, live events, videos, websites, social media, etc).
- Plan, organize and coordinate TDG corporate, leadership and employee events such as leadership summits, huddles, offsite meetings, award submissions, and other initiatives.
- Develop the communication strategy, and associated implementation, for initiatives from beginning to end. Assess the needs of the project, develop and foster buy-in for the plan, implement the plan, and track effectiveness.
- Provide writing, editing and layout expertise to President of TDG, Human Resources, the Executive Management Team and other company sponsored projects.
- Storyboard or translate ideas to internal or external creative team.
- Build productive relationships with internal customers (leaders and employees) and be an ambassador for the company with external partners.
- Ensure all internal communications and events consistently reinforce corporate cultural values and business strategies.
- Plan and manage projects and other company initiatives as assigned.
- Spot communications, technology and employee engagement trends that will help the organization continue to evolve its thinking and practices.
- Advise executives on the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, marketing, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years relevant communications experience
- Solid understanding of communication principles and practices
- Creative problem solver, with the ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects autonomously and in an organized fashion, balancing the longer term and urgent needs of the business.
- Ability to distill complex content into clear, concise and engaging communications and be able to write with speed and accuracy.
- Superior interpersonal, oral communication, time management and collaboration skills
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills coupled with creative flair and understanding of how to use effective marketing skills and tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with the ability to adapt to change and meet timelines without sacrificing quality
- Experience in communication management of intranets including the use of Content Management Systems (CMS), Intranet content presentation and web writing style are all an asset.
- Superior computer skills including with Adobe Suite, social media and multi-media programs
- Experience managing external vendor partners and other internal colleagues in the execution of communication strategies, plans, programs and events
- Must be able to work extra time outside of normal office hours as required
- Criminal record check is required
We are one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies!
The Dufresne Group has created a strong reputation for great product assortments and providing home furnishing solutions to the Canadian consumer built on a foundation of service excellence. For over 30 years Dufresne has continued to stand on our promise of “A Better Experience”.
Apply now at www.dufresne.ca/careers !
The Dufresne Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.