This post has expired! It was posted more than 90 days ago.
Canada's largest privately held hospitality company is looking for a service-oriented, career-minded leader with exceptional project management experience in the construction industry; and with specific high-rise build experience. Based in Winnipeg, the successful candidate will join our corporate team and report directly to the Vice President Construction & Design.
Northland Properties is recognized throughout Canada as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, sports, and construction. We are the force behind such brands as Sandman Hotel Group, The Sutton Place Hotels, Moxie's Grill & Bar, Chop Steakhouse & Bar, Denny's Restaurants, The Dallas Stars, and Northland Asset Management Company. Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned and operated, with over 150 outlets nationwide, we have home offices in both Calgary and Vancouver and employ over 10,000 talented individuals across the nation.
Do you have multiple successful tower builds on your resume? Are you a self-motivated, innovative leader who thrives being on-site, truly enjoying the personal interaction that naturally occurs because you are a hands-on Project Manager? Do you believe in the power of clear communication and coaching the members of your team to become the best of the best? Do you excel at problem solving and decision making in a fast paced environment? If so, we want you to join our team as we continue to steer our company to be best in class.
This role will be responsible for the building of the newest Sutton Place Hotel in downtown Winnipeg.
The job of the Project Manager is to manage and monitor the full cycle of construction and make sure that all targets of the project are met. You will manage the construction project plan, budget and schedule as well as lead the subcontractors and project employees, ensuring they properly fulfill their responsibilities. You will establish strong relationships with consultants, contractors and trades, municipalities and other various partners in order to maximize efficiency. Your job will also entail conducting site meetings and controlling and monitoring labour, material and equipment expenses. Construction site safety will be a constant priority. You will excel at hands-on, on-site leadership, understanding the value of being involved at every level. You will have recently moved into the Project Manager level after being a successful senior Site Supervisor on a minimum of two ground-up tower constructions.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
- Leading the project team through the construction and final close out of the Sutton Place Hotel Winnipeg
- Ensuring that the project is built according to approved plans, specifications, drawings and applicable building codes and that high quality standards are maintained
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the executive team, architects, consultants, employees, trade partners, and suppliers throughout the project
- Providing strong leadership to members of the project team, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure successful outcomes
- Communicating, role modelling and enforcing company safety standards and operating practices
- Development and maintenance of the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Leading regular project meetings
- Maintaining, tracking and reporting all financial aspects of project including budgets, forecasts and billings
- Assisting company in defining project improvement focus areas
What Will Make You Successful in this Role?
- Experience in at least 2 ground up tower construction projects is mandatory
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology, or Construction Management is a strong asset
- 7 10 years' work experience in construction and project management, project scheduling and systems implementation
- PMP designation, LEED AP or Gold Seal accreditation an asset
- Specific and direct experience in hotel tower construction environments strongly desired
- Complete understanding of the Canadian building code, product design, sales, and construction processes
- Demonstrates a high level of computer skills and understanding of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Project Management.
If are interested in joining our dynamic team, please include a cover letter with your resume outlining the unique qualities you will bring to our team and highlighting the experience you think best lends itself to you being successful in this role.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with Northland Properties however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**