Manager, Creative Services Career Opportunity
The Dufresne Group is currently seeking a Manager, Creative Services for our Advertising Team within our Home Office located at 116 Nature Park Way in Winnipeg, MB.
As a Manager, Creative Services you will be responsible for leading, mentoring and coaching the team of designers while leading the direction for a suite of integrated marketing, branding, creative design, production and digital creative services to help the company’s brands achieve their strategic objectives. You will be responsible for ensuring proper brand standards across the organization and managing all day-to-day creative and production activities and ensure process efficiencies and quality control for the company.
The Dufresne Group is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values.
As the Manager, Creative Services you will:
- Provide creative and art direction for all marketing projects including print, online, social and digital advertising
- Oversee design process for all marketing collaterals while working cooperatively with internal stakeholders to ensure design materials are produced in a timely manner and on budget
- Ensure process efficiencies, proper brand standards, visual consistency and copy flow across all channels
- Knowledge of design theory, color theory, illustration, typography, print and responsive web design
- Experience in rolling out branding strategy and visual identity, pitching designs, understanding strategic planning initiatives to formulate design concepts
- Lead the creation of all marketing collaterals including P.O.P. materials to ensure a consistent media strategy
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors including printers to ensure responsiveness, effectiveness and efficiencies in a constantly changing environment
- Develop creative and execute marketing collaterals for the company’s marketing campaigns across all advertising channels while ensuring consistent brand voice, tone and messaging
- Drive and support a high-volume of work while working closely with other departments – Digital/ecommerce, Information Systems, Purchasing to develop successful campaigns and build strong internal relationships
- Remain current on industry trends in online and print design, technology and design trends
- Ensure consistency and brand standards for all corporate branding and communication including signage requirements.
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- A certificate, diploma or degree in graphic communications or design
- Five years’ experience leading and mentoring a team of designers and working in a creative and production environment within a marketing department
- RGD (registered graphic designer)
- French would be an asset
- Proficiency in both MAC and PC?
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word)
- Strong performance management and collaboration skills to provide direction as well as assign, monitor and follow up on creative requirements
- Exceptional communication, report writing, analysis and presentation skills
- Ability to drive processes, balance and prioritize multiple projects and deliver on time in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Criminal Record Check required
- Weekends and/or travel may be required
We are one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies!
The Dufresne Group has created a strong reputation for great product assortments and providing home furnishing solutions to the Canadian consumer built on a foundation of service excellence. For 30 years Dufresne has continued to stand on our promise of “A Better Experience”.
Apply now at www.dufresne.ca/careers !