On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for an experienced Database Administrator for a 3+ month contract opportunity, with possibility of extension.
This position will research, advise, implement and manage the client's chosen database platforms in order to support the organization’s business needs and to ensure security and integrity of data across all platforms.
Role + Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and maintains processes, procedures, standards, and methodologies necessary to support database management activities
- Performs database management activities including device and storage allocations, monitoring, security, integrity checks, indexing, re-organizations, capacity planning, backups/restores and scripting
- Supports project management of database projects and support system implementation initiatives using project management disciplines
- Applies change management disciplines when making changes to database structure and enhancements
- Maintains security and disaster recovery procedures with respect to databases
- Evaluates the performance of new technologies and recommends changes to improve operational performance of databases
- Provides technical expertise, advice and consultation to peers and others, including senior managers of the organization regarding database systems
- Participates in the coordination of IT activities with other Colleges and Institutions, software vendors and in the management of vendor contracts
- Develops and implements procedures that will ensure accuracy, integrity, completeness, and timeliness of data stored in production databases
- Maintains a comprehensive library of all supporting documentation and initiates corrective action to ensure all database servers meet or exceed processing requirements for performance and reliability
- Assists in monitoring performance of mission critical applications & databases and responding to degradation of performance issues to ensure targets are being met
- Assists with Data Warehouse and Data Mart development and maintenance activities
- Participates as a member of the Enterprise Systems Team on projects and day-to-day activities, as required
- Assists with the installation of Infrastructure to host applications, databases and utilities
- Installs, tests, and implements application and database releases in Development and Production environments
- Other related duties, as assigned
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline, with a minimum of five years’ experience in database development in an evolving environment where security and operational maintenance is required; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Certification or demonstrated knowledge of MS SQL Server including; T-SQL & Database Administration, Crystal Reports, OLAP tools, ASP.Net, Visual Studio.NET, data security methodologies, relational database management, business intelligence and ETL processes. Must be able to assess the business needs of the organization and understand the impact of system changes in a complex integrated systems environment. Must have an affinity to effectively and efficiently communicate and translate business requirements into technical requirements. Must be a self-directed team player with strong collaboration, analytical, and report writing skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume.
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.Ignite. Wired for people.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don’t want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It’s what we do best.
We’re wired for people.