Client-facing opportunity for a professional passionate and experienced in managing the delivery of multiple projects and client accounts at a time.
Our business continues to grow and we are adding a third full time Delivery Manager to our team. We're searching for self-starter who isn't afraid to wear many hats around the company and has a knack for coaching, defining and refining processes. We are looking for a constant learner who wants to grow and benefit from the inherent nature of our service-based business which includes a wide breadth of projects, personalities, clients, and industries!
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Own delivery for every assigned project
• Own the scheduling and agendas of any internal or client facing meetings pertaining to your assigned projects
• Conduct sprint planning and estimation sessions with internal project teams including developers, designers, and account managers
• Run and ensure quality of progress demos for clients during projects
• Promote best practices and processes such that projects are delivered on time and on budge.
• Track and report on the financial and timeline status of projects at all times
• Work with team members to schedule resources for your assigned projects
• Negotiate with clients regarding change requests, in-scope vs. out-of-scope
• Manage client delivery expectations in terms of schedule and features/functionality
• Extract project requirements from clients alongside their business and technology goals
Experience and Background
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience managing agile software project delivery (web and mobile) in a client facing role
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
• Ability to keep meetings focused with productive agendas
• Able to understand technical architecture and effort enough to validate or challenge internal estimations or contribute to pre•sales estimations
• Experience with Agile methodologies and willing to adapt processes on a per•project basis to fit client needs
• Experience with product road-mapping
• A good business acumen to recommend product enhancements, ways to save delivery time and optimize profits
• Attention to detail
Nice to haves
• Experience working in JIRA, Basecamp
• Technical know-how or experience coding
• Experience as a Product Manager for one or more SAAS companies
• Be willing and capable of adding value to sales, marketing, and project delivery based on your project exposure
• Tech startup experience
• Enterprise delivery experience
Our client is a custom software development company specializing in in mobile and web based product development. They use open source development tools to build scalable solutions. They're 5+ years old growing firm with almost 20 people: software engineers, business analysts/project managers, and creative talent delivering some really cool stuff. They own most projects entirely, sometimes they’re an extension of the client. 50%+ of their products can be found in an app store or publicly on-line, 25% mobile.
• Flex-hours outside core hours 10-4
• Flexible working location when required
• Located in trendy ol’downtown area right beside a terrific coffee shop. Lots of eateries, specialty food shops and outdoor patios within a stone’s throw
• Walking distance to the GO station on Lakeshore West line which runs every 30 minutes
• We use Slack and other video conferencing tools to collaborate remotely alongside many other modern tools
• We have amazing clients who are fun to work with and appreciate our value to them
• We are the sole technology provider for several clients where we have been able to earn their trust and respect
• A breadth of experience exposure across several personalities, client types, projects, and industries
• Casual, yet professional environment
Let's get to Work!
To learn more about the client, their culture and the opportunity, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: DM
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you're perfect for this opportunity and you're virtually guaranteed an interview.