About Raising The Village
Raising The Village works directly with “last mile” villages in Uganda - the poorest and furthest villages and regions. RTV partners with communities to identify ways to increase livelihoods and reduce barriers to income generation in order to raise the income & consumption levels of entire villages by 3-5 times. Currently with 3 offices and over 40 staff in Uganda, RTV is scaling to work at a regional, and potentially a national level in Uganda. Founded in 2012, the organization introduced a dynamic cluster approach allowing the organization to scale. In 2017, we directly impacted over 36,000 beneficiaries across 47 villages. As a result of significant success in development of new Foundation Partnerships throughout the US, Europe and Canada, RTV is on pace to benefit 52,000 new beneficiaries in 2018 in over 70 villages.
We are hiring our first Development Analyst to enable our rapid scale up. The Development Analyst will report to the Managing Director and partner closely with all members of the Raising The Village team.
This exciting role is integral to Raising The Village ambitious growth trajectory as we expand our program. Specifically, the Development Analyst, in concert with the Founder and Managing Director, will pursue opportunities to raise $5 million + over the next three years by executing important administrative and support functions; undertaking targeted research of prospective philanthropic partners; assisting in the drafting of proposals, reports and other communications; and by contributing to creative strategies to steward new and existing individual and foundation donors – with potential for growth for the right candidate. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground level and help build a fast growing social impact job and a career in international development.
Role and Responsibilities
- Undertake research to identify prospective funding partners from private foundations and high-net worth individuals providing synthesized prospect summary documents, with potential for growth to include corporations and government (bilateral) grant opportunities.
- Use online development tools to research potential connections/ warm leads and determine appropriate approach strategies along areas of interest
- Compile data and reports that will allow Raising The Village to build a pipeline of future funding partners.
- Draft / edit reports and concept notes for existing and prospective funding partners.
- Ensure key deadlines are clearly documented in team calendars to ensure timely submission of deliverables to funding partners
- Support and develop processes and strategy that will further existing fundraising practices including CRM management, donor acknowledgment correspondence, and end of year fundraising appeal, etc.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a development strategy that includes comprehensive plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts
- Assist in the development of and production of RTV’s Annual Impact Report and communication materials
- Undertake special development projects, such as assisting with fundraising events and business development opportunities, as needed.
- Maintain and work to an accurate personal work-plan of scheduled fundraising activity and proposal submissions and ensure timely and accurate reporting to donors
- Provide Administrative Support to the Managing Director (<20% of time). Includes: managing travel logistics; assistance coordinating calendar; ensuring he is prepared for all partnership meetings & trips with agendas, bios/background data, ghost-writing email responses, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Strong interest in non-profits, social entrepreneurship, and/or international development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to synthesize important information effectively
- Excellent research, analytical and evaluation skills
- Exceptional planning, organization, project management, prioritization, and time-management skills are required to manage multiple on-going projects simultaneously.
- Strong IT skills, specifically MS-Office. Database experience is a huge plus