Full Time Contract to March 31, 2018
(with the possibility of an extension or becoming permanent)
Primary function of this specialized role is the provision of assistance and support for youth and families as they transition into Adult Services. The Transitional Aged Youth Planner will support youth and families as they navigate through the transition from school to the Adult Developmental Services Sector by providing:
- Education to youth, families and school staff regarding DSO/CER intake, eligibility, and application processes.
- Active planning with youth and their families through Case Management to identify and address barriers to transition into the Adult Sector.
- Dissemination of information and tools that will empower youth and families to take the lead in transition planning.
- Collaboration with school board staff and community partners.
- B.S.W. or equivalent
- Three years directly related front line experience
- Experience working with individuals who have developmental disabilities is essential
- Language skills and an understanding of cultural diversity are considered assets
- Familiarity with the local service system and its providers is required
- A valid G license, business use insurance and regular use of a reliable vehicle
YSSN is a progressive work environment with a willingness to accommodate that promotes diversity in the workplace. We encourage members of visible minority, immigrant, aboriginal or LGBTQ2S communities, people with disabilities and consumers to apply.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require assistance with the application process or wish to receive this posting in an alternate format, please contact Human Resources at 905-898-6455 X 2344.
Internal applicants should forward a resume, indicating position, source and quote JOB # DS827 in the subject line by 4:30 p.m. Friday, September 15, 2017 to:
Human Resources Department
240 Edward Street, Unit 3
Aurora, Ontario, L4G 3S9
Fax # (905) 898-1171
Note: Your resume will not be viewed if above job number is not stated in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.