Full Time Permanent
This position will provide response to address urgent needs and works in collaboration with crisis response coordination and intake teams. This position will also include provision of assistance and support for adults who have a developmental disability and their families to navigate the service system and explore all community service options available to them. Tasks will include assessment of needs, development and coordination of service plans, referral support and skill development.
- B.S.W. or equivalent
- Three years directly related experience
- Experience working with individuals who have developmental disabilities is essential
- Language skills and an understanding of cultural diversity are considered assets
- Familiarity with the local service system and its providers is required
- Second Language is an asset
- A valid G driver’s license, business use insurance, and reliable vehicle are required for this position
YSSN is a progressive work environment with a willingness to accommodate that promotes diversity in the workplace. We encourage members of visible minority, immigrant, aboriginal or LGBTQ2S communities, people with disabilities and consumers to apply.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require assistance with the application process or wish to receive this posting in an alternate format, please contact Human Resources at 905-898-6455 X 2344.
Interested applicants should forward a resume, indicating position, source and quote JOB # DS953 in the subject line by 4:30 p.m. Friday, September 15, 2017 to:
Human Resources Department
240 Edward Street, Unit 3
Aurora, Ontario, L4G 3S9
Fax # (905) 898-1171
Note: Your resume will not be viewed if above job number is not stated in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.