Connex is a privately held Canadian company with over 15 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our companys vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as one of Canadas leading communications integrators, were committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees....
Director of Implementation and Support
Responsible for the day-to-day technical operations of the Voice department, including staff management by providing guidance to ensure that the Voice staff understand and execute all functions in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Lead the Avaya Voice Management function. Drive projects by engaging the various functions organization.
- Implement, manage and evaluate Voice operation processes and procedures, in accordance with the standards and procedures set out by the organization.
- Drive innovation based on latest technologies and integration capabilities.
- Maintain progress, able to balance task completion, track progress and drive assignments to completion while communicates status and issues with the Chief Operations Officer.
- Interface with Avaya on business partner related matters such as:
- Training and certifications
- Contracts and Business plans
- Sales authorizations
- Li aise between departments on matters of interconnectivity, installation and support.
- Define, plan and design innovative enterprise-wide connectivity, collaboration, and voice platform infrastructure solutions, including integrated financial analysis of technical alternatives to meet business/operational requirements.
- Successfully negotiate technical design and deployment strategy with internal clients and peers.
- Define product standards, configuration standards and solutions for enterprise voice systems and contact center solutions.
- Provide support for infrastructure projects ensuring alignment with architecture direction.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for escalation on voice related operational and implementation issues and well as to facilitate the integration of voice systems with business applications and to optimize the use of carrier services while maintaining appropriate security.
- Investigate, test and implement new products and services related to voice.
- Assist in the creation of proposals and approve all PBX designs and follow up on purchase and inventory.
- Supervise project management through routine meetings and checkpoints.
- Monitor on ongoing Client support including tickets and VSA (Voice Stress Analyses) maintenance.
- Create and distribute Voice related Business continuity plans for Voice Clients.
Maintain staff by:
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training Employees;
- Maintaining a safe and secure work environment;
- Developing personal growth opportunities.
Provide leadership for Employee relations through:
- Effective communication of job expectations;
- Planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
- Coaching, training, counseling, and disciplining employees;
- Developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Work with HR to resolve any Employee issues endeavoring to understand all legal ramifications.
- Review daily staffing and work load schedule in order to plan work and personnel assignments for technicians; manage departmental time entry approval for hourly Employees.
Establish strategic goals by:
- Gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information;
- Identifying and evaluate trends and options;
- Choosing a course of action;
- Defining objectives;
- Evaluating outcomes.
- Review monthly departmental revenue providing recommendations to maximize ROI whenever possible; monitor future departmental impact and needs based on predetermined metrics.
Accomplish financial objectives by:
- Forecasting requirements;
- Preparing an annual budget;
- Scheduling expenditures;
- Analyzing variances;
- Initiating corrective actions.
Maintain quality service by:
- Enforcing quality and Client service standards;
- Analyzing and resolve quality and Client service problems;
- Identifying trends;
- Recommending system improvements.
- Act as Client point of contact for escalated matters and issues which require Management assistance or intervention.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and provide technical assistance to direct reports; keep abreast of latest technologies being offered to Clients.
- Perform hands-on technical work on escalated Voice matters; refer major hardware and/or software issues or defective product issues to vendors or department Management for service.
- Contribute to the Voice team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Motivate staff to accomplish important objectives and multiple demands and creates a sense of urgency in all tasks. Hold the Voice team accountable for their deliverables and ensure that projects are delivered by agreed timelines.
- Develop systems and tools for effective task execution.
- Ensure that Voice operational processes stay within agreed upon budgets and timelines.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of hands-on experience.
- At least 5+ years of experience in Telecommunications and in installation and troubleshooting of
- Avaya telephony and LAN/WAN environments.
- Experience managing complex technical development projects involving integration of multiple systems.
- Good understanding of existing network programs and capabilities.
- Experience with wire code, cross-connect, station Jack and patch panel assembly and troubleshooting.
- Experience and understanding of common Telco circuit types, handling and testing.
- Advanced experience and understanding of SIP, H.323 and Legacy telephony infrastructure.
- Experience and understanding of the following hardware platforms:
- Avaya, Cisco, Verint and third-party telephony products.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Avaya core products and Avaya roadmap.