Job Title: Dispatcher
Reference #: PFTCBC230817
Employer: International Freight Forwarder
Duration of Employment: Permanent Full-time
Starting Time: ASAP
Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with 30 min lunch break (Mon- Fri) * Flexibility to work day/ afternoon and weekends required.
Compensation: 40-43k with experience (MSP, Group Insurance, RRSP and DPSP after completion of the probationary period.)
- Plan, organize and coordinate all activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking company trucks to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with customer requirements.
- Act as a liaison between customers, vendors, partners and drivers in order to maximize operational efficiencies and minimize mistakes.
- Maintain a good relationship with shipping lines for equipment control and release.
- Schedule trips and maximize equipment efficiency and utilization.
- Work with Transportation Supervisor to maintain equipment consistent with the preventative maintenance program and requirements. Schedule and keep record of any equipment issues and truck repairs.
- Respond to queries from employees and customers regarding service issues.
- Contact customers to ensure service requirements are met and provide information regarding alternative or new services.
- Watch closely reservation gateway compliance ratio, and deal with reservation dispute with terminals.
- Maintain the accuracy of the loading schedule and import schedule data base.
- Prepare various daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Communicate with all Drivers on a daily basis to give instructions, directions and to keep track of their daily trips.
- Request and schedule appointments at the different ports.
- Direct drivers to appropriate loading dock.
- Record and maintain files updated with customer’s requests, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
- Prepare necessary paperwork relating to shipping schedules, customs, fueling, loading and provide to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Greet and direct visitors and perform general office duties.
- College or post-secondary diploma.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in similar positions is required.
- Strong customer service skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written
- Flexibility to work day/ afternoon and weekends
- Computer skills; Microsoft office, email, internet explorer, etc. and ability to learn proprietary business software applications
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, organize and prioritize work load in order to meet numerous deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and team player.
- Valid BC class 5 driver’s license
- Mandarin or Cantonese speakers preferred.
* Please apply only if you possess all of the requirements.
* Please visit http://www.panpacificpersonnel.com, go to 'POSITIONS AVAILABLE’ click “Dispatcher” and apply.
* We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.