Metropolitan Movers was established in 2010 as a moving brokerage company with the aim of introducing customer focus to the moving industry. By acting as the middle person between the customers and the movers, we obtained the ability to customize the provided service to the needs of each customer, consequently reducing the stress and increasing the satisfaction they experience.
Fast forward to 2018 and Metropolitan Movers has won consumer choice awards, keeping us more motivated to provide the best possible moving experience. We decided that the best way to ensure customer satisfaction is to have full control of the quality of the service providers.
We invest in our personnel so they can, and want to, invest in our customers. Each crew member is trained according to our feedback-based, constantly improving training system designed to provide our customers with the highest level of service available in the industry.
At this time, we are looking to hire a professional Distribution and Scheduling Coordinator for a full-time, permanent position to assist the company in scheduling, coordination and control of procedures related to our services. The ideal candidate will have experience in both Home Moving and Business Moving procedures.
Please see the position details below:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the main company scheduling activities (routes, transportation crews and shifts) involving moving and freight shipping, transit and distribution based on preliminary thorough time estimation,
- Resolve any scheduling-related issues (including last-minute changes) in a timely manner ensuring seamless shipping and distribution operations,
- Track and report status of job orders in order to proactively plan further schedules and time estimation,
- Track, measure and report status and resolve arising discrepancies to ensure clients satisfaction,
- Coordinate product shipment in a timely fashion based on inventory stocks and report any issues or shortage to the staff responsible for inventory management,
- Prepare weekly feedback reviews and monthly performance and progress reports on transit, shipment and distribution times and suggest changes to be implemented in order to improve and speed up the activities,
- Based on customers’ feedback, develop and optimize scheduling strategies for smooth company logistics operations and customer satisfaction,
- Train and coach other staff on scheduling and distribution planning operations considering company policies.
- High school Diploma and at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory or managerial role working with logistics scheduling and planning in a fast-paced environment,
- Profound knowledge and understanding of logistics sales management (similar experience would be an asset),
- Great interpersonal and time management skills,
- Ability to excel working in an extremely fast-paced environment,
- Good English skills
Compensation and Conditions:
- $24.00 per hour based on 35-hours work week,
- Overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week,
- Permanent, full-time position,
- Location of work: 16 Spinnaker Way, Unit #17, Vaughan, Ontario L4K 2T8
- Travelling around GTA would be occasionally required (related expenses covered by the company).
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this vacancy, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
We thank all the candidates for their interest, however, only those who qualify will be contacted for further consideration.