Pinnacle's 25 specialized recruiters are committed to connecting top people with top Winnipeg organizations in temporary, term, permanent and professional jobs and careers.
DISTRIBUTION MANAGER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Our client a growing national distribution center is on the hunt for their next Distribution Manager for their Winnipeg distribution center. In this role, you will oversee an 108,000 sq ft distribution center by managing personnel and developing aspects of the warehouse and delivery departments which includes: recruitment and selection, grievances, training and development, succession planning, culture and attitudinal development, etc. Success in this position will depend upon your proven leadership skills and ability to achieve goals.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Responsible for the shipping, receiving, picking, and storage of all products within the warehouse in a timely and accurate manner
* Plan and direct the Distribution Centre’s warehouse and delivery departments to achieve stated/agreed targets and standards of productivity
* Coordinate and oversee all inventory procedures and systems including Inventory Bin Location System (IBL), inventory receiving, transfer reconciliation, stock/location adjustment of discrepancies and execution of year-end inventory
* Manage an inventory count every 60 days through daily cycle counting, achieving absolute and net inventory variance of 99% or higher
* Oversee all warehouse activities, including inventory management, succession planning, staffing levels, and product damages
* Supervise warehouse employees, ensuring maximum productivity, efficiency, and accuracy
* Oversee performance management, including employee discipline and conflict resolution
* Lead, motivate, and train lead hands through effective and regular communication
* Ensure a safe and healthy environment for all warehouse employees
* Participate in and promote continuous improvement initiatives
* 3+ years of experience in a leadership role within a distribution or wholesale environment
* Strong warehouse experience
* LEAN mentality
* Strong proficiency in Excel, Word and Oracle
* Experience with voice inventory software
* Self-motivated and outgoing work style
* Valid passport with the ability to travel in the United States
WHY WORK WITH THIS COMPANY?
* Ability to grow within a national company
* Competitive salary with benefits and bonus'
* Continuous learning
Please send a resume (QUOTING JOB NUMBER 12616) toCATHRYN THOMAS, Senior Recruitment Consultant, at email@example.com or call 204.926.2249
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with all of the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.