Best Option Staffing Solutions, better known as BOSS, is always looking for experienced, talented workers of all types for our clients. Below you will find one of our current positions in which we are looking to hire for immediately!
BOSS Staffing is assisting our client in hiring a full time DZ FlatbedDriver to join their team immediately!
Our client manufactures high quality engineered quartz surfaces, which are used in both residential and commercial buildings as countertops, vanities, wall paneling, flooring and other types of interior surfaces.
This client is located in Vaughan, near Langstaff and Jane.
They are hiring full time DZ Drivers starting immediately. Day Shift Monday through Friday 7AM start. This is a direct hire with a starting pay rate of $23.00 per hour.
We are seeking a DZ Driver who will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of quartz slabs in a safe and efficient manner. Being a main point of contact with the customers, great customer service skills are also required. Other duties would be assist material handlers to load orders on truck and ensuring truck is in optimal running condition.
- Operating power unit equipped with multi-speed transmission (Automatic or Manual) safely by adhering to all safety requirements
- Perform inspections of mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment of truck unit before, during, and after trips, including gauges, lighting and electrical systems, and visual checks of potential water, oil, fuel and air leaks
- Completing all applicable paperwork. Maintain up-to-date Driver Log throughout the duration of each shift.
- Responsible for communicating with both Customers and internal stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers and co-workers in a professional manner
- Be able to perform physical work at times (lifting in excess of 50lbs)
- Use of satellite tracking equipment
- Observing and complying with rules and regulations of the Ministry of Transportation and the Highway Traffic Act
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Valid DZ driver’s license (Class 3 with air breaks)
- Minimum of 5 years’ verifiable truck driving experience
- No driving related criminal code convictions in the previous 36 months
- No more than 2 moving violations of any kind in the previous 12 months
- No more than 3 moving violations in the previous 36 months
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent safety and compliance record
- Must have excellent driving skills
- Flexibility to accommodate different start times
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Able to work with tight deadlines in a multi-task, high priority environment
- May be required for driving for many hours at a stretch (within employment standards limitations), including unloading cargo, and making many deliveries.
- Will be required to work both indoors and outdoors
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required with possible weekend work as required
- Ability to lift 100 pounds; ability to regularly preform physical movements:
- Sitting – long and regular driving hours
- handling/gripping - Handle tools and equipment; grip steering wheel and levers
- climbing up and down stairs/ladders - Climb into cab; Climb onto vehicle to inspect load
- stooping - Occasional stooping during pre- and post-trip inspections and when accessing under vehicle to perform low-inspections
- Crouching - During pre- and post-trip inspections to access under vehicle, perform low-inspections
- Push/Pull – push and pull safety straps to secure load on vehicle
If you are interested in working with us, please come in for a walk-in interview and registration session. Our office is conveniently located near Dixie and Advance in Brampton.
Our address is:
190 Wilkinson Road
Transit from Shoppers World - Take the 511 Zum eastbound, get off at Dixie Road, board the 18 Dixie South and ask to be let out at the corner of Dixie and Advance. Our office faces the bus stop (across the grass).
Driving from Highway 401 - North on Highway 410, exit on Steeles Avenue, turn right to go westbound on Steeles, turn right on Dixie Road, right on Advance Rd, right on Wilkinson Rd. We are the 2 nd driveway on the left. Come to the back of the building and we’re on the corner closest to Advance.
Please ensure to bring the following with you so that we can get you to work as soon as possible:
- Abstract/CVOR/Crimina l Record Search
- 5 Years of Professional Driving Employment References
- Drivers License and 1 additional piece of Government Issued Photo Identification (Health Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, etc.)
- Proof of SIN Number (T4 Slip, Government Paperwork, Pay Stubs)
Is this the PERFECT job for you? Give us a call NOW to book an interview! We’re here to help you Monday to Friday from 7am to 6pm – 905-497-6752!
If you are having difficulties applying through this website, please email us a copy of your resume to apply @ bossstaffing.ca (no spaces) and the name of the position in which you wish to apply and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Looking for a different position? We have TONS of jobs available in all different fields!
Come in and visit us TODAY to find your ideal position!
We look forward to working with you!