Renaissance Kids is a vibrant, creative and joyful place that is focused on nurturing and developing the whole child through unique programs that beautifully blend the arts and strong academic components. We work with children aged 1 to 6 years old.
Position: Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
Renaissance Kids is a vibrant, creative and joyful place that is focused on nurturing and developing the whole child. Our unique and specialized programs, while rooted in the fine arts, follow a strong academic curriculum. We work with 12-month old infants to 6-year old children. We currently have full-time positions available and are also in need of regular substitutes with flexible days/hours.
Please see our website: www.renaissancekids.ca
Business address: 1--12491 No 2 Road Richmond, BC V7E 2G3
Estimated Start Date: ASAP!
- Develop and implement educational experiences that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- Provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Knowledge of licensing regulations
- Establish and maintain expectations for child behaviour
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Discuss progress and problems of children with Program Coordinator
- Assist in daily record keeping (behaviour/attendance)
- Maintain learning materials in good condition
- ECE license or ECE-A certificate is required
- Experience: Previous experience is an asset but not a requirement
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Well developed interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication in English
Starting Salary: $17.00 to $ 18.00 hourly -- 40 hours per week (full-time applicants)
Benefits for full-time employees: Extended Health Benefits, 2 weeks of paid vacation, excellent opportunities for professional growth. Benefits provided after completion of a probationary period of 3 months.
Work schedule is typically from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with a half-hour unpaid break, Monday to Friday. Weekends off.
Canadian residents, new immigrants, youth, people with disability and Aboriginal people are all welcome to apply.
Please respond by email with your resume and covering letter. Thank you!