Our client, a leading distribution company located in Richmond, BC, is seeking a Forklift Operator to join the warehouse team. The candidate will need to be an experienced forklift operator as a great deal of the picking and loading would be done using a forklift and order picking machines.
Job Title: Forklift Operator
Reference #: CFFOBC040118
Duration of employment: 6 months Contract position with a possibility of becoming a full-time position.
Employer: Distribution Company
Location: Richmond, BC
Work Hours: 8am – 4:30pm
Starting Date: ASAP
Compensation: $17.50/h DOE plus fitness subsidy and discount on products.
*Please note that a full benefit will be provided once hired as a full-timer after 6 months of contract.
- Responsible for flow of the product in and out of the tire warehouse as delegated by Supervisor.
- Inventory Control, accuracy of recording data & understanding basic computer skills.
- Follow and implement company rules and procedures.
- Pick and verify orders.
- Unload/ Load containers and trailers.
- Label pallets and shipments.
- Respond and serve customers.
- Ensure packing slips & bill of lading are duly signed before tires are shipped.
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitiously.
- Good eye sight to work in warehouse setting & dim lighting in certain areas.
- Able to multi task in sometimes fast paced environment.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Previous experience in a warehouse is mandatory.
- Certified with operating a forklift and stand up order picker effectively and safely.
- Experience in the tire industry is not require but would be an advantage.
- Read and speak English effectively.
- Strong work ethic & teamwork skills.
* Please apply only if you possess all of the requirements.
* Please visit http://www.panpacificpersonnel.com, go to 'POSITIONS AVAILABLE, click “Forklift Operator”, and apply.
* We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.