Furniture Repair Technician Career Opportunity!
Ashley HomeStore is currently seeking a Furniture Repair Technician for our Mississauga Distribution Centre located at 333 Matheson Blvd W.
As a Furniture Repair Technician you will be responsible for Repairs and refinishes furniture, including case goods, upholstery, leather, and some electronic furniture products.
Ashley is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values
- World class training programs;
- To work at one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
As the Furniture Repair Technician you will:
- Assess product to determine repair requirements
- Restore product to showroom condition using proven techniques, including refinishing, re-upholstery, painting, etc.
- Answer Customers’ questions before, during, and following repairs, including providing directions for future use and care of product
- Repair damaged stock and Customer product as scheduled by supervisor
- Document and complete service reports and paperwork (including the use of electronic reporting systems),
- Attend and support training on furniture repair topics.
- Inspect and validate repair parts.
- Operate and support maintenance requirements for service vehicles
- Understand and follow all safe work practices and rules including WHMIS
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- High School diploma with practical work experience in furniture repair, upholstery, leather, woodworking or finish and fine carpentry
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions for use, directions and safety manuals
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office products and ability to learn in-house computer programs
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate various hand and power tools, as well as larger machinery
- Ability to learn in-house inventory management system
- Good verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and manage time effectively
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract
- Physically fit, able to lift and move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Able to conduct physical work in warm and cold conditions
- Some exposure to solvents
- Operate various equipment (hand trucks, power tools, spray booth, compressors, etc)
- Flexible schedule requirements including evenings and weekends
- Available to work overtime as required
- Criminal Record Check required
How did we get to be the #1 retailer in North America?
With innovative marketing concepts, quality products and state-of-the-art manufacturing methods, Ashley HomeStores continue to have a stream of satisfied guests who contribute to our continuous growth. But we know we couldn’t do any of this without our talented team members. Our team members are committed to providing an exceptional guest experience. Our team members make the difference!
Plan Your Future With Us!
Apply Now at www.ashleycareers.ca !
Start Your Interview Now!
Ashley HomeStore welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.