$15.00 per hour
Who is Keilhauer?
Keilhauer manufactures seating and tables for all the areas of the organization where there is an exchange of ideas. Keilhauer products are thoughtfully made to support communication and engagement in “Heads Up” spaces, such as meeting rooms, collaboration areas, lobbies and lunchrooms. Founded in 1981, Keilhauer is a privately owned, design focused contract furniture manufacturer. Working with world-renowned furniture designers, Keilhauer is internationally recognized for award-winning design, built with extreme craftsmanship, to the highest environmental standards. This full time position includes 7-4 working hours, and full benefits in an environment that values fun, creativity and integrity.
Are you our next Team Member?
Keilhauer is looking for a Webber to join their Production Department. In this position, your role is to attach the webbing to the chair frame while meeting the production demand as well as maintaining Keilhauer’s commitment to quality and following specific safety standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
- Identifies product to be webbed to determine kind of webbing to be attached.
- Measures and cuts webbing to be used on the assembled Keilhauer product frames.
- Attaches webbing, as per instructions, to Keilhauer product frames using hand and power tools.
- Trims excess webbing from the frame of the chair.
- Understands and follows daily schedule
- Notifies Supervisor of any issues with equipment or tools.
- Keep work area clean and safe.
- Recommends acceptance or rejection of received assembled frames
- Ensures correct webbing was used on product and it was installed to Keilhauer specifications.
- High school education; or equivalent combination of experience or training.
- Able to read, write and speak basic English
- Able to use hand tools, pneumatic stapler, orbital sanders, drills, drivers and webbing machine
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Cooperation – offers assistance and support to co-workers.
- Design – demonstrates attention to detail
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approaches or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, pull, grip or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our aim is to ensure equality of opportunity in the recruitment process by avoiding discrimination on the grounds of: race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, age, disability, political persuasion or trade union membership. Keilhauer values each individual’s attributes, personality and life experiences, and achieves this by maintaining an environment in which everyone feels supported and valued, thereby allowing us to achieve our goals.
Keilhauer is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Greenest Employers. We are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities.
Let us know if accommodation is required for the interview.
If this is you, send your resume to email@example.com or by fax to (416) 759-5723 and tell us how you would be a great fit.
1450 Birchmount Road, Toronto ON Canada M1P2E3
We thank you for your interest, and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.