GRD Construction Ltd. is Hiring 5 Carpenters
Company Name: GRD Construction Ltd.
Company Address: 12194, 86 Ave, Surrey, British Columbia, V3W 3H7
NOC GROUP: 7271
Position Available: 5
Hours: 30 Hours per Week
Job Type: FULL TIME – PERMANENT
SALARY: $24-26 /Hour
Start Date: Immediately
Work Location: 6700 Island Hwy N, Nanaimo, BC, V9V 1K8
Requirement and Skills:
- Education: Completion of secondary school
- Work Experience: 4 years of related work experiences
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter's handtools and power tools, and conforming to local building codes: Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricate
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- Selects specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Prepares layout, using rule, framing square, and calipers.
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials, using pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements, using saws, chisels, and planes.
Please apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org only.