You will be responsible for supervising a team of 25 – 30 team members and oversee the store in the Manager/Assistant Store Manager’s absence. This will involve ensuring that your team is performing all duties, assisting with inventory/stocking, and oversee all departments as required. You will also handle all customer complaints in a positive and timely manner.
What makes you a great candidate?
- A minimum of 2 years of grocery leadership experience or 3 years of grocery experience
- Strong eye for detail and commitment to quality
- You are comfortable performing repetitive tasks and lifting heavy items on a regular basis
- A forklift ticket would be highly desirable
- Excellent customer service, time management, multitasking, and conflict resolution skills
- An approachable personality, enthusiasm, and capacity to work as part of a team
- Positive work environment – A work environment that includes a wage packages based on hours and performance
- Benefits - We have a comprehensive benefit package for our eligible full-time team members that includes MSP, extended health, dental, disability and life insurance, plus a RRSP program where you and the company both contribute
- Recognition programs - We have developed our Country Kudos for exceptional customer service which is nominated by a team member or external customer. Recipients receive a Kudo Pin as well as a gift card in appreciation for their exceptional service
- In store discounts – All team members will receive a special member card entitling you to 15% off your groceries
- We have fun & get social! - We have dress up events for special occasions (Valentine’s Day, Christmas, etc), team member events like bowling nights, golf tournament and an annual Christmas party as well as supporting our community at various local events
- Promote from within - We promote internally and give priority to team members who want to advance and grow with us
- Advanced notice/flexibility of schedules - Schedules are posted two weeks in advance
- Orientation, training, and feedback - We provide start packages along with at least one performance review a year. We also provide customer service training and opportunities for professional development and company sponsored external training to obtain your Food Safe and First Aid certification