Hiring an Experienced Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Sidcon Contracting Ltd is a privately held company with head quarters in Toronto, Ontario. Specializing in Municipal Construction work such as Highways, Sidewalks, Etc., we pride ourselves in giving our clients the best possible construction solutions in the market.
ABOUT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT SIDCON CONTRACTING LIMITED:
At this point, we are looking to fill a vacant position of a HEAVY DUTY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC to join our professional team. The ideal candidate will have years of experience in routine maintenance on various types of heavy equipment and parts inventory in an industrial environment.
- First point of contact on all equipment-related issues, both on-site and off-site;
- Develop and Perform routine maintenance of construction cranes and trucks, trailers, lift trucks, loaders, and other on-site equipment;
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and inform management of extent and possible costs of repair;
- Perform maintenance of engines and various other equipment parts;
- Conduct weekly inspection and repair of all faulty equipment, including on-site maintenance, if needed;
- Perform quality assurance or equipment testing of fixed equipment to minimize lapses which can lead to slowed production and exuberant costs;
- Maintain inventory of working tools and suggest improvements and/or changes to management;
- Complete test and maintenance reports;
- Install and assist in recalibrating AVL and VIB, if needed
- Train apprentices and sub-contractors on proper general maintenance of heavy duty equipment, including preventative measures;
Requirements of Position:
- 4+ years of experience in Heavy Duty Equipment maintenance;
- Experience working with different engines and motors, breaks, and hydraulics specifications;
- Familiarity working with equipment and tools involving mechanical, diesel, and electronic systems;
- Secondary diploma;
- Able to communicate in English language;
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate (421A) or equivalent will be considered as an asset
Salary: $53,690.00 Annually based on a 35-hour work week. Your hours per week may go up to 40 hours per week, if needed. Appropriate pay will be adjusted for additional hours work, if needed. Overtime rate will apply after 44 hours of work per week.
Conditions: Permanent, Full-time position
Head Office: 7 Connie Street, North York, Ontario M6L 2H8; You may be asked to travel to client sites. All expenses will be paid by the company.
How to apply: send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not contact company directly. You will be contacted for a phone or in-person interview if you suit the conditions of the job offer.