Pinnacle's 25 specialized recruiters are committed to connecting top people with top Winnipeg organizations in temporary, term, permanent and professional jobs and careers.
HIGHWAY DISPATCHER (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Are you a deadline-driven, strategic thinker who is looking to build on your logistics career with a growing Winnipeg company? As a Highway Dispatcher for this respected Winnipeg transportation company, you will coordinate drivers, schedule pick-ups and deliveries within the US and Canada. Your strong knowledge of US/Canada transport routes and cross border regulations, combined with experience in freight planning, makes you the ideal candidate for this exciting position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Coordinate US/Canada pick-ups and deliveries according to customer requests
* Plan and distribute trip schedules for drivers
* Track equipment, drivers and freight using satellite GPS, phone calls, and text messages
* Liaise with the customer service team on customer communications and issues resolution
* Prioritize freight loads and customers to accommodate changes and problems as they arise
* Monitor and enforce all cross-border dispatching regulations, including documentation requirements and hours of service
* 1+ year(s) of dispatch experience, preferably US/Canada routes
* Strong understanding of driver scheduling and freight planning
* Strong knowledge of cross border regulations
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Proven organization skills and attention to detail
WHY WORK FOR THIS COMPANY?
* Company committed to customer satisfaction
* Established transportation company
* Room for growth and advancement
Please send a resume (quoting job number 12594) to CATHRYN THOMAS Senior Recruitment Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204.926.2249
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a leading recruitment firm in Manitoba, with 25 industry specialized recruiters, Pinnacle can help. Think of Pinnacle as a personal shopper for your career: First, we get to know you - your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you (and our clients) have found a perfect fit, Pinnacle helps you with all of the details to ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you're prepared to take the next step in your career, Pinnacle will be ready.