Ramada Inn - Kamloops
Position: Hotel Front Desk Clerk
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Location: 555 West Columbia Street, Kamloops, BC V2C 1K7
Ramada Inn Kamloops is a leading hotel in Kamloops featuring friendly customer service and comfortable rooms of multiple class types. An excellent choice for families, couples, and business guests, with breath-taking panoramic views, well-appointed rooms and thoughtful amenities that put us a step above other Kamloops hotels experience. We are currently looking for a full-time front desk clerk to join our expanding team.
The Kamloops neighborhood is currently attracting major development dollars. More and more travelers are pouring into the area every year. To serve the evolving needs of local and international guests, the hotel embraces strategic technologies and talents aligned with the goal of improving guest experiences.
- Determining guest needs and taking reservations.
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms.
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries on hotel facilities and services from clients, business partners, and other parties.
- Provide general information on local travel and attractions.
- Process group arrivals and departures.
- Process guests departures, calculate charges and receive payments.
- Processing incoming reservations, requests, cancellations and changes.
- Investigate and resolve complaints and claims.
- Exchange foreign currency.
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms.
- Follow emergency and safety procedures.
- Assist guests with special needs.
- Compiling and verifying daily records, guest accounts, and receipts.
- Print updated in-house, arrival, departure, and room status reports.
- Liaising with housekeeping, maintenance and supervisors.
- High School Diploma required. Post-secondary education in sales, marketing or finance background an asset.
- Previous experience in customer service or sales.
- Able to work flexible hours, including overnight shifts.
- Outgoing personality.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of efficiency and initiative.
- Basic social media skills are mandatory.
- Excellent multitasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to speak another language is an asset
Wage: $15/Hour, 40 hours per week, $22.5/Hour after 40 hours of work per week.
Full time, Permanent
Please submit your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Information: Percy Amaria 250-374-0358