In-home Caregiver - Child Care
We are currently looking for a full-time experienced in-home caregiver to provide compassionate care for our 2-year old child. Our greatest priority is to ensure that our child is safe and receives the best care possible. The ideal candidate should have a loving and passionate heart for children with some previous experience in childcare.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and care for 2-year old child in employer’s residence
- Assist child with eating, bathing and dressing
- Plan, prepare and serve meals for child, as per dietary and nutritional needs
- Ensure that 2-year old child has safe and healthy environment in the home, especially in the absence of parents
- Plan, facilitate and participate in activities such as games, napping, and play periods
- Take and supervise child to/from doctor appointments playdates, toddler school, etc., as necessary
- Assume full responsibility for the household in the absence of parents
- May travel with family on trips and may be required to perform light housekeeping duties
- At least 2 years of working in child care, early childhood education or in a related field
- Completion of Secondary school
- Completion of a training program (e.g. Caregiver)
- Crisis prevention/intervention training, an asset
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic including reliability, punctuality and good judgement
Compensation and Conditions:
- $15.00 per hour based on 40-hours work week,
- Permanent, full-time position,
- Location of work: Brown Lane Ave, Stouffville (accommodation in employer’s residence available)
- Occasional travel may be required (related expenses covered by the employer).
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this vacancy, please apply by email to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
We thank all the candidates for their interest, however, only those who qualify will be contacted for further consideration.