Company: Wilson & Ford Limited O/A Heat Sealing Packaging Supplies & Equipment
Business Information: a Concord, Ontario based distributor of food packaging materials and equipment – servicing the Canadian Food Processor Industry for over 30 years, is looking for an Industrial instrument technician to join our team. We pride ourselves on delivering proven customer solutions, which improves productivity while lowering operating costs.
Business address: 61 Pippin Rd Concord, ON L4K 4N6
Work Location: Employee will work on-site (same address above) and also in various locations throughout Ontario. Areas in Ontario are from Cornwall to Windsor from Niagara Falls to Thunder
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Install, maintain SEALPAC packaging equipment (including programming)
- Train personnel
- Troubleshoot and service the equipment at the customer’s site
- Inspect and test operation of instruments and systems
- Repair and adjust system components
- Remove and replace defective parts
- Calibrate components and instruments
- Determine testing and maintenance procedures
- Install new measuring instruments
- Complete test and maintenance reports
- Coach and instruct apprentices
- Logical approach for troubleshooting
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance work
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Read and interpret electrical schematics
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: 4 to 5 years of work experience in industrial instrument repair are required
- Working experience on the SEALPAC engineered modified packaging equipment is required
- PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) and computer programming knowledge are required due to the pneumatic, electronic and logic control that are specific to the SEALPAC equipment
- The individual will also need to have the expertise to understand how various packaging tray substrates (barrier trays – polypropylene, PET, CPET) perform on the packaging films (barrier and non-barrier films) on the SEALPAC equipment.
- Packaging experience would be a plus, it is an asset
We are in search of an Industrial Instrument Technician to join our growing team as it relates to the service and maintenance of world class packaging equipment. Some further highlights of the position:
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude is required.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Self-starter, who takes initiative in the lead of projects and likes to make things happen.
- Team player, who will contribute to the growth of the business.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude is required.
- Must possess great communication skills and appreciate the value of customer service.
- Handling heavy loads
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
Salary: $44.00 - $45.00 hourly based on experience, 40 Hours per week
Benefits: We provide extended medical and dental insurance, uniforms and car allowance
Important Information: Work schedule is from Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by fax to: 905-669-5793
Apply by mail: 61 Pippin Rd Concord, ON L4K 4N6