A well established masonry company with more than 20 years of experience in construction, Val Mar Construction Inc is your go-to company for all your construction needs. More than 20 years in the industry made Val Mar Construction grown into the company with strong basis and clear goals! With hundreds of finished projects, we put quality as well as crucial experience in every single new job.
We specialize in brick work, blockwork, complete renovations, and rebuilds. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, focus on customer service and keeping within the client’s budget.
At this moment, we are on the lookout for an experienced Industrial Mechanic who is hard-working and trustworthy to join our crew of professionals. Also please keep in mind, that this is a physically demanding position that requires body strength and resilience. Also, the chosen applicant should be ready to travel across the GTA, since all the work is performed on customers’ property.
Job duties will be as follows:
- Evaluate, prepare and finalize materials to be used,
- Inspect projects and sites and determine proposals and plans concerning repairs selection of materials and tools,
- Assist in initiating and implementing blueprints,
- Check and recommend system and parts modifications, repair or replacement of equipment, both on-site and off-site,
- Oversee daily and weekly repair and maintenance of equipment and machinery,
- May install and assemble machinery and equipment, if applicable (may also assist in welding materials, if needed)
- Ensure that safety barriers, signs and uses ladder and scaffold are on place before work on elevated position commences,
- Ensure that sets up and welding and burning equipment are in good condition,
- Perform scheduled, emergency, and preventative maintenance,
- Maintain reports and log books for multiple projects,
- May train workers and apprentices,
- Use manual and power tools such as brick splitters, jointers, point trowels and more.
Compensation and Conditions:
- This is a permanent full-time position, be ready to work day shifts and occasionally work on weekends.
- Occasional overtime may be required with applicable overtime pay after 44 hours of work per week,
- Wage offered: $29.50 hour for 35 hours per week.
- High school diploma or equivalent is mandatory
- Relevant post-secondary certification is an asset (industrial mechanic, mechanic, etc.)
- At least 4 years of experience as industrial mechanic, prior experience in construction setting an asset
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read and understand project plans
Main office: 83 Rosemount Drive, Toronto, Ontario, M1K 2X4. Please note that you will be asked to travel to project sites. All expenses will be paid by the company.
If you comply with all the requirements, please apply with your resume by email at email@example.com. Please include references and be specific about your previous experiences.
Please visit our website at http://www.valmarconstruction.ca/ to know more about our services.