At the Northland Construction Group, you could be part of a team environment that works hard and makes a difference in many communities across North America. We provide challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
We offer a unique environment where the final product we build is operated by other divisions of the same parent company. This vertical integration provides a significant benefit by creating a great product for the final consumer. It's exciting to be part of a team that builds a facility that in turn produces meaningful contributions to the success of the overall business.
We are seeking an experienced Intermediate Project Architect for our Construction Support Group (located at 1755 West Broadway, Vancouver BC) to join our team to assist in the management, coordination and the preparation of development and construction drawing packages for a number of our mixed-use hospitality developments across North America.
- Assist with and prepare design and construction drawings, specifications, details and sketches for all phases of projects.
- Communicate with multi-faceted project teams including coordinating with design and technical consultants.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Will have a professional university Bachelor/Masters degree (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive architectural experience with relevant project experience (comparable project scale and complexity).
- Have experience designing hotels and restaurants, have rezoning, development permit, contract document, and contract administration experience.
- Have the ability to produce and coordinate a complete set of design/construction drawings with input from ownership, consultants, senior building technicians and construction project managers.
- Will have a strong working knowledge of AutoCad, Revit and Microsoft Office.
- Will have a strong working knowledge of building envelope concepts, construction practices and building systems (including combustible and non-combustible construction).
- Will have a demonstrated technical and detailing skills with a high level of attention to detail to all your work.
- Will have a demonstrated ability to work independently or collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to be self-motivated / take initiative and to think independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within required time constraints.
- Will have strong written and verbal skills.
- A strong working knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada, the British Columbia Building Code, and the International Building Code will be an asset.
- Will have an eagerness to learn and to gain new experience.
Northland combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide comprehensive and competitive compensation packages, the focus of which is to reward personal performance, merit, and effort.
All applications submitted will reviewed but only applicants with applicable qualifications will be contacted for further discussions. We are grateful for your interest. We apologize to those not considered and wish them well.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with Northland Construction Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Apply: https://sandmanhotels.prevueaps.com/jobsea rch/?unit=HeadOffice