R.A.C Group Inc. (www.rac-int.com), RAC Group business address 3011 23 St. NE, Calgary, AB, T4E 7A4) is expanding and looking for dynamic members to join our team. We are looking for hard working individuals that are team players and driven by success. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a very quickly growing company in rope access. With companies now being drawn to innovation, we have acquired contracts with Suncor and Syncrude. This creates a high job demand, and gives us the ability to offer long-term, stable employment in the industry.
We are currently looking for IRATA Level III Rope Access Technician and we offer following:
Job start date: As soon as possible
Wage: $45.00 to $55.00 per hour based on your qualification and experience
Hours: 44 - 60 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full-time all year around, Shift
Benefits: benefit package after the probationary period 3 months fully paid by RAC. The benefit package includes Disability insurance, Dental Insurance and Extended medical insurance. Vacation 6% of gross salary.
Work location and travel: 29, 925 Memorial Drive, Fort McMurray, AB T9K 0T4, Travel allowance (Flights) for those eligible (Please note not all sites are currently covering travel costs)***Camp Accommodations****Private shuttle service to and from the airport and camp.
As a Level III Rope Access Technician you will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Train workers to SPRAT or IRATA standards
- Develop rope access / rescue plans
- Conduct daily job site hazard assessments and pre-work safety meetings
- Perform rope access to hard-to reach areas without scaffold or a work platform
- Descend, ascend, and traverse ropes for access and work while suspended by harness
- Perform duties such as inspections, tower work, metal work, high angle installations, managing high angle sites exposed to mountain hazards, and other kinds of work at height or high angle
- Perform repair/maintenance activities at height or high angle;
- Communicate effectively with customers and managers to maintain consistent work flow and customer satisfaction and be team player;
- Follow established safety rules and industry standards at all times.
Requirements for the position:
- Must have at least 3 years of direct experience as a Rope Access Technician preferably with oil & gas field experience.
- Must have hold a IRATA certification Level III.
- Must have valid driving license and clean driving record;
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision;
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English;
- Must be able to work in following conditions and have following Physical Capabilities – bending, crouching, kneeling, standing for extended period, suspended in harness for extended periods of time, functioning in climatic extremes, physically demanding, manual dexterity, handling heavy loads, hand-eye coordination, fast-paced environment, combination of sitting, standing, walking, work under pressure.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends;
- Must be able to provide at least two professional references upon request;
- OFA Level 3 First Aid ticket an asset.
This is a long term contract and we are looking for individuals who bring not only experience, but who also want to be a part of our team and to share our success with us. If you`re a hard working individual, looking for solid, long term employment, please send us your resume and cover letter to email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please highlight in your cover letter if you are local to Fort McMurray, or if you are willing to relocate.
We look forward to hearing from you!