This post has expired! It was posted more than 90 days ago.
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
- Provide support for customer requests, analyze problems and escalate issues when necessary
- Communicate technical information to nontechnical users
- On call rotation required for afterhours emergency support
- Troubleshoot desktop and printer hardware and software issues; resolve issues to the end user's satisfaction
- Install, configure, and test all new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software
- Troubleshoot LAN/WAN and connectivity issues
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the resolution of issues related to desktop, servers, applications or network systems in a Windows environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong desire to learn in a fast-paced environment and work within a team of likeminded individuals
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven experience supporting Windows 7 10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 2016 support experience in a Domain environment
- Functional knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
Beneficial to have:
- Experience working in a ticketing system with detailed note taking skills
- Microsoft Office 365 support experience
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies including Hyper-V and VMware
- Experience with SonicWALL, Dell, Cisco, Ubiquiti or Meraki networking equipment
- Experience with supporting an admin network of multiple hospitality based software (Maestro/Opera/POSI/Ving etc)
- Customer service experience
- A university degree, diploma in computer science or related IT certificates
- Microsoft certification(s) MCSA or MCITP
- CISCO certifications(s) CCNA
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Travel to existing and new corporate locations throughout Canada
- Vancouver based positioned
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.