Imagine working in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, one hour away from Banff, one of Alberta’s main tourist attractions. Envision yourself being a part of international and local guests’ holiday by interacting with them and providing them with exceptional service by creating unforgettable memories. That imagination can become a reality for you if you take the next step and come and work for CanaDream. We invite our Guests to “Experience Canada at their own pace” and create memories to share with family and friends.
Our new state of the art facility is an inviting setting with spacious work spaces and our cast members work hard and have fun at the same time. We offer competitive wages, bonus and benefits.
Please visit our website for more information - www.canadream.com and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and Flickr.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a junior accountant to assist in Cash Management and Asset Management.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Print and verify all location’s daily deposit summaries and import into accounting system
- Record daily bank entries in cash management and the general ledger
- Reconcile bank statements daily
- Prepare and post recurring entries
- Advise the Accounting Manager when bank transfers are required and when regular monthly payments are due
- Contact Moneris or Amex to handle problematic situations and charge backs. Notify appropriate departments when charge backs occur
- Enter additions and disposals of property, plant, and equipment, and maintain a continuity schedule for PP&E.
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
Skill set, Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field required
- 1-2 years of experience in Accounting or financial management
- Excellent computer skills with required use of desktop computer and peripherals
- Experience in accounting and using accounting systems will be an asset
- Experience in AP, AR or other finance departments will be an asset
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Accuracy and great attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal, customer service skills and good team player
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- High level of critical, analytical and logical thinking
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
If you would enjoy working in a company that values integrity, truth, and ongoing self-improvement, we would love to hear from you.