Company: Andy Scherer Gardening and Landscaping Ltd. O/A Scherer Gardening, Landscaping & Design
Business information: We are a gardening and landscaping business specializing in water features. Our property is also home to a Santa’s Village, a Christmas tree plantation and a large parking lot display of water fountains.
Business address: 1535 Dalkeith Road, Dalkeith, ON, K0B 1E0
Work Location: Same as above during Christmas season (Santa’s Village) and various clients’ locations for different projects in Ontario, such as: Hawkesbury, Alexandria and Cornwall.
Type of Employment: Full Time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Build models
- Prepare conceptual designs
- Prepare presentation graphics and drawings
- Examine trees and shrubs to diagnose problems and disease
- Plant and move trees
- Apply fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides, pesticides and other lawn care products
- Plant and maintain private and public lawns and gardens
- Plan and construct landscaped environments which may include trees, shrubberies, lawns, fences, decks, patios and other landscape structures
- Build patios, driveways with patio or natural stones
- Build and retain walls, natural or patio stones
- Plan and co-ordinate the growth and use of plants for landscaping, ornamental uses and other purposes
- Assess the health of lawns
- Apply various treatments such as pruning, spraying, repairing damaged areas and injecting with treatment solutions
- Estimate costs
- Write specifications
- Prepare contracts and tenders
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience as a Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourer is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 2 years of experience as a Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourer then specialized courses or industry-related training or post-secondary certificate in landscaping and/or horticulture are required.
-Worker must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, must work in rain/snow in the winter.
-Natural-stone skills are required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
Salary: $22.50 to $24.50 hourly, 50 hours per week
Benefits: Uniforms provided
Work schedule will be Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM. Winter schedule will be from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. 30-minute lunch and 2 healthy breaks of 15 minutes provided.
Employee will always work a minimum of 30 hours regardless of the weather condition.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 1535 Dalkeith Road, Dalkeith, ON, K0B 1E0