Company: Aztec Landscaping Ltd.
Business information: We are inspired by quality landscapes that last. We attempt to achieve that standard with every task we perform, and our mission is to develop world class landscapers.
Business address: 9655 128 Ave Grande Prairie, AB T8V 4N4
Work Location: Different projects in Grande Prairie, Clairmont, Sexsmith, Wembley and Beaverlodge, AB.
Type of Employment: Full Time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Plan and construct landscaped environments which may include trees, shrubberies, lawns, fences, decks, patios and other landscape structures
- Construction of retaining walls
- Construction of paving stone and concrete patio’s and pathways
- Construction of water features
- Plant and move trees and shrubs
- Apply fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and other lawn/plant care products
- Plant and maintain private and public lawns and gardens
- Assess the health of turf and plants
- Apply various treatments such as pruning, spraying, and repairing damaged landscapes
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience as a Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourer is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 2 years of experience as a Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourer then specialized courses or industry-related training or post-secondary certification in landscaping and/or horticulture are required.
-Worker must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including rain/snow in the winter.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Salary: $28.00 to $30.00 hourly, 35-60 hours per week
Benefits: Uniforms, basic/specialty PPE provided
Regular work schedule will be Monday to Friday with shifts that vary between 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM with occasional Saturdays with shifts that also vary from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Winter schedule will be Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM unless snow requires additional shifts to replace.
Employee will always work a minimum of 30 hours regardless of the weather condition.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 9655 128 Ave Grande Prairie, AB T8V 4N4