Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry, known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics, automation, manufacturing, project management and service.
Company operating name:
Primetals Technologies USA LLC
Primetals Technologies Austria GmbH
5895 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30005 United States of America
Turmstraße 44, 4031 Linz, Austria
Client job site address:
1330 Burlington Street East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3J5 Canada
Title of position:
Lead Engineer Fluids Equipment (NOC 2132 – Mechanical Engineers)
Primetals is seeking to hire a Lead Engineer Fluids Equipment to provide specialized engineering services on a modernization project at a client facility in Hamilton, Ontario. The Lead Engineer Fluids Equipment will be responsible for providing essential engineering guidance relating to the construction and commissioning of Primetals’ proprietary fluids equipment and related software. Specific tasks include:
- Supporting the commissioning and performance testing of fluids equipment using Primetals’ proprietary technology;
- Supporting cold, hot and loaded commissioning and testing activities in accordance with Primetals’ standards;
- Inspecting fluids equipment installations and engaging in quality control activities;
- Ensuring that fluids equipment testing activities are completed within project time schedules and budgets;
- Reporting to the head of construction/project engineer on all matters relating to health and safety, compliance, standards, resourcing, installation and commissioning of the equipment on the site;
- Liaising closely with the client’s representative, other site supervisors and installation contractors on any matters of concern related to the performance and commissioning;
- Ensuring that correct technical skills are available for problem solving;
- Representing the company at client/client’s installation contractor discussions and making records of these discussions; and
- Performing related duties, as required.
Terms of employment:
Project-based position from September 2018 for 24 months.
4 3.17 EUR (approximately 66.91 CAD) hourly
Disabilit y insurance, pension, extended medical insurance, 25 vacation days per year, overtime allowance, discretionary bonuses, discretionary salary increases.
Location of work:
Jeenetta Williams, HR Immigration and Delegation Manager (HSMM/CS) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate for this role must have extensive experience with and specialized knowledge of Primetals’ proprietary fluids equipment, and mechanical, electrical, automation and control solutions. The candidate must also have 10 or more years of experience with mill design and execution projects, and must hold a degree in mechanical engineering or in a related engineering discipline.
Additionally, the successful candidate must have:
- Experience providing engineering guidance on mill modernization projects
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical and control solutions for hot rolling mills specific to Primetals’ solutions and design concepts
- Experience with the specification and design of mechanical/automation/control systems for hot strip rolling industry applications
- Familiarity with the standards and safety requirements for hot strip mill project execution and operation