Live-in Caregiver for Elderly with Alzheimers
We are seeking a kind, caring and experienced caregiver to live-in full time at our residence and to care for our elderly mother who requires a full-time care. The ideal candidate will have experience working with clients with Dementia/Alzheimer, have a kind heart be trustworthy and have flexible availability. We will provide a private bedroom accommodation at our home and cover any transportation costs associated with travel to/from hospital for doctor’s appointments.
- Providing constant companionship and supervision;
- Mobility assistance such as walking and regular exercising;
- Preparation and service of nutritional meals;
- Overseeing medication and prescriptions usage, appointment reminders;
- Assistance with bedside and personal care such as personal hygiene, grooming, bathing, dressing;
- Perform light housekeeping tasks such as making bed, washing dishes and laundry;
- Shopping for grocery and household supplies;
- Alzheimer's & dementia care, relaying information from a doctor to family members.
- At least 1 year of working experience as a private caregiver or in a related field
- Completion of Secondary school
- Completion of a training program (e.g. Caregiver)
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic including reliability, punctuality and good judgement
- Availability and flexibility to work weekends
- First Aid and CPR certification is an asset
- Dementia/Alzheimer experience care is an asset
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Speaking Hebrew, Russian is an asset
- Nonsmoking environment
Compensation and Conditions:
- $15.00 per hour based on 40-hours work week
- Permanent, full-time position
- Location of work: Maple, ON L6A 0G8
- Accommodation in employer’s residence (private bedroom, meals included)
- Occasional travel may be required (related expenses covered by the employer).
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this vacancy, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.